Monday 20 October 2014

This Is Insanity... Week 2 Review

C'MON YALLLLLL, LETS GOOOOOOOOOO!!!

With the words of Shaun T ringing in my ear, week 2 was a massive triumph for me.
I felt 10 times stronger than the first week, and i think that showed in how much further i was able to push in each workout.

Because im a little bit OCD when it comes to things like this (and i love to write a list), in the old exercise log i decided to draw a table showing my calories burned, and my Average Heart Rate for that particular workout.
As you can see each workout I'm burning an average of 500 to 600 Calories, and also in the second week, my average heart rate has decreased dramatically, even though i feel I'm putting more effort in.
So that only means one thing, my cardiovascular performance is getting better!!

On Thursday it was Cardio Recovery, but i felt so good, i decided to do another insanity workout before the Cardio recovery.
Insanity Fast & Furious.
Now this was a real workout! you would do a brief warm up, and then go into 15 minutes of full pace, high intensity super sets. And my oh my was that tough!
I think in week 3 i will be doing the Fast and Furious DVD a lot more, whilst still doing the insanity program.

Saturday came around quickly, and another week completed was on the horizon, but Insanity decided to step it up a gear and called for 2 programs on the same day for the first time (i know i had done 2 on Thursday but this was on another level)
Pure Cardio was first up and that was followed by INSANE Abs.. I put insane in capitals, because it was bloody insane!!
If you've ever seen the Alien films with Sigorny Weaver, well i felt like one of those aliens was going to burst out of my stomach after 3 minutes of the ab workout! It was that excruciating.
My nan came running into the room thinking i was having a heart attack.


When i stood on the scales this morning, i didn't know what to expect, after putting on weight the previous week.
But to my Surprise, the scales smiled up at me and said 185lbs, so that's 2.8lbs down this week.
But not only that, the definition in my shoulders is really coming through, and my chest is starting to feel tighter, which is a really big deal for me!!


Thanks for Reading and i hope you all have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment